|The SOA is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The SOA needs to process certain personal data to manage your membership and run rallies and social events.
We hold data we take your privacy very seriously.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments please email email@example.com (Data Protection Officer)
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, how we keep it secure and the circumstances when it may be disclosed to others. The policy also explains your rights in relation to that personal information.
Who are we?
We are the Southerly Owners Association.
When do we collect your personal information?
- Join, or apply to join, the SOA;
- you become a member of the SOA
- you join any SOA committee or volunteer for the SOA in any other capacity
- you join or participate in a rally or social event
- you use our Facebook page or Forum
What type of information do we collect?
Common information we ask for includes:
- Your name, address, e-mail address and phone number in order to contact you.
- Your boat details
- Photographs you submit for the annual photo competition
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your web visit
- Website Cookies
Why do we collect this information?
- to administer your membership and to provide membership information and membership benefits to you, to notify you about changes to our membership benefits, products, facilities or services
- to provide you with any products and services that you request from us including: items purchased from us
- so we can send email communications to you if you have opted in to receive them.
When do not share any of this information with outside apart from :
our mailing house; in order to send you the SOA Magazine
- our mailing house; in order to send you the SOA Magazine
- We may ask for your consent to use your image or certain personal information for publicity purposes.
- In certain limited situations it may be in our legitimate interests to publish certain personal information about you without asking for your consent. Examples include publishing race results, mentioning you by name in press releases or articles, Before publishing such information we will consider the potential impact publishing may have on you, and your rights, and ensure that these are not overridden by our own interests.
How long do we keep your information?
We may keep and process your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, or for as long it is necessary to do so for legal reasons.
We will review your personal information regularly to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decided that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal information to the extent that it is appropriate to do so and securely delete or anonymise it.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of that information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, and whether we can achieve the purposes for which we process that personal information through other means.
In some cases you can ask us to delete the personal information we hold about you. Please see the section below entitled your rights.
Where do we store your personal information?
Your information may be held at the location of our Officers, or on secure servers either owned by the SOA or by one of our data processing partners.
Passwords and PINs
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or PIN which enables you to access certain parts of any SOA Website or to use any SOA App, you are responsible for keeping this password or PIN confidential. We ask you not to share passwords and PINs with anyone.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- to access your personal information
- to be provided with information about how your personal information is processed
- to have your personal information corrected
- to have your personal information erased. Please be aware that erasing your personal information may prevent us from continuing to provide services to you.
- to object to or restrict how your personal information is processed
- to have your personal information transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to exercise these rights.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal information to the Information Commissioner: